Vehicle Model, FJ60
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Mileage: 260,000
Vehicle Price: $10,500
Vehicle Location: Brooklyn, NY
Vehicle HAS BEEN SOLD
Complete Vehicle Description:
ABOUT THIS FJ60 The Sage Sage is a rust free west coast truck newly on the east coast and ready for its new owner - preferably someone who knows and loves the Land Cruiser ethic and the process of refurbishing and upgrading these amazing trucks which will last forever if well treated. I'm selling the truck as is.
Over the past 1.5 years I've had the truck I've done a lot of the mechanical work and now it is ready for the fun stuff, a reasonable lift, a locking differential, whatever sounds fun. I hate to sell it, but my family situation has changed and we need to channel our resources elsewhere at the moment.
This FJ60 spent most of its life on back roads in New Mexico. It has high miles but many of these can be attributed to the truck being towed behind an RV, so I was told by the previous owner. And, I believe them as the compression on the cylinders is good, and I've driven this truck from California to New York, to Kentucky and back, without incident.
There is no rust on the frame, the metal is in good shape, and if the gaskets and seals are properly maintained this vehicle should last another 30 years.
It may not be in exactly mint condition but this is still a totally stock, rust free, west cost truck newly on the east cost. It has been my daily driver for the past 1.5 years and now its ready for a new owner to finish the restoration.
- New Valve Cover Gasket
- New Tune Up, Plugs, Rotor Cap, Air Filter
- New Starter
- New Belts (Alternator and V)
- New Vacuum Lines
- New Thermostat and Coolant
- New Heavy Duty Clutch, Fork, Hub, Plate, Fly Wheel, etc.
- New Transfer Case Seal
- New Axle Seal
- New Air Pump Eliminator Kit
- New Manifold Gasket
- New EGR Gasket
- New Carburetor Base Gasket
- New Plenum Gasket
- New Heat Riser Gasket
- New Donut Gasket
- New Muffler and Tail Pipes
- New front shoes
- Machined rotor
- New front stabilizer link
- Nearly all original
- Seats Rear: Very good condition, no tearing, original fabric.
- Seats Front: Fair; they have some wear and exposed foam.
- Dash: Very good condition; it was uv protected for years and there
- only one minor crack in the vinyl at the speaker
- Carpet Main Cabin: Good condition, but dirty
- Carpet Cargo Bay: Removed, but who wants carpet snagging on the sheets of plywood you might be hauling around?
- Headliner: Great, but one small tear in the cargo area
- This model came with A/C. The fuse to the blower motor is out and should be replaced
- Windshield wiper mechanism requires repair as only one works
- Windshield wiper fluid vessel is broken and should be replaced
- Paint: I really LOVE this color and the patina. The car was re-painted by the previous owner and the clear coat is peeling.
- Very very little body rust
- No structural rust
- The passenger headlight housing is loose and needs securing
- The front brakes have been serviced and have new shoes and machined rotor
- The rear drum brakes are due for service
- The emergency break does not work
WHEELS AND TIRES:
- Stock wheels were replaced by the previous owner with American
- Racing Aluminum Wheels with locking front hubs
- The truck is equipped with all terrain tires
- Brooklyn, New York
- Martha's Vineyard, MA (June 28th - July 5th)
CONTACT - David
- 508.693.8493 (Until July 5th)
- 917.834.1765 (After July 5th)